Ruaha is the true wilderness experience for anyone seeking! It is one of Tanzania wildest park, true and unspoiled. It is located far away from major cities and has a little number of tourists per year compared to the famous parks in popular Northern Tanzania. Though the park has decent road network it has challenging game viewing and abundance of tsetse flies.
The great Ruaha River is known to be the bloodline of the park as almost all animals in the park depend on it, therefore often you will find herds of animals of all sizes quenching their thirst there. There are a considerable number of “Sand Rivers” crisscrossing through the park where most animals like to take refuge.
Ruaha National park hosts 1600 species of trees making the park the home for varieties of bird lives. Wildlife at Ruaha can be described as “wild and beautiful”. The park holds an estimated record of having more than 20,000 elephants alone and during the game viewing especially in the dry season, you can see up to 100 elephants in a day.
- The largest park in Tanzania covering 23,000 square kilometers
- It is notable for its wild and around the Great Ruaha River striking Topography
- Great Ruhaha River is the blood life to this park
- The larger section of this park is unexplored
- The impressive array of larger predators such as lions, cheetahs, and Leopard
- 530 species of birds check listed
- Home to some rare species such as sable antelope, Roan Antelopes, and Lesser kudus and grant gazelles
- The home the second largest population of wild dogs in Africa.
What to do
- Hiking or Day walks safaris through untouched bush
- Visit the nearby Stone Age ruins at Isimila. Isimila is one of Africa’s most important historical site
For predators and large animals, dry season (mid-May –December) Lush Scenery, Bird watching, and Wildflowers, Wet season (January-April). The Male greater Kudu is most visible in June, the breeding season.
View some of the best properties in the park for accommodation here
Almost two times Serengeti National Park in size. Ruaha national park is one of the true off the beaten tracks of Tanzania’s southern circuit. The park’s remoteness makes it the jewel awaiting your discovery.
Providing inspiration, joy, and discoveries through African safari experience.
If you dream of visiting Ruaha, kindly contact us